There is no absolute way of establishing and setting a credit limit and different providers of credit reports will recommend different limits for the same company. None of them will show you how they have reached their decision. Isn’t that what you would like to know?
What sets our scorecard apart from the rest?
- Unique - Our scorecard is unique because it shows you how our recommended limit has been reached thus, helping you make better informed decisions;
- Informative - CMT Credit Scorecard will give you credit scores and limits that indicate whether you are taking a low, medium or high risk and for larger credit transactions, a Higher Commercial Risk limit subject to other factors is shown. It also provides a credit guideline for a new customer;
- Easy to use - The application is simplicity itself. You are set up with a password and can download web based reports in seconds over the internet;
- Methodology - Based upon the latest filed accounts and company information we take into consideration measures of performance and financial status and calculate and score against key ratios for example, working capital use and net worth. We also, take account of the year on year variances and what is deemed acceptable for different industries and size of company;
- Updates and monitoring - Trends in different markets and industry sectors are constantly monitored and whenever adjustments are needed for the minimum and maximum requirement for different ratios, we implement them;
- Cost effective - It saves time by supporting the work carried out by your credit analysts, credit underwriters and your sales people;
- Tried and tested - Our method has been developed by Steve Savva through his many years of experience working in the credit industry. It is commercially minded and more often than not provides higher realistic limit assessments than other providers.
- Training - Full in-depth training on Commercial Credit Scoring and Risk Analysis is available upon request.
- Free Trial - Take advantage of our no obligation offer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full details requesting a free trial.
- Industry Specific - Get your own scorecard built and tailored to your specific needs. We can provide a scorecard for you to enter figures from Management Accounts onto and get Commercially Minded Credit Decisions from.
It is also proven to be very effective. Many companies have received CMT’s ‘Managing Commercial Credit Risk’ and ‘In-depth Accounts Analysis’ training and already use the method on which our scorecard is based as part of their credit decision making process. These include;
- Amari Plastics
- Computer 2000
- NACCO Materials Handling Group
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Volkswagen Financial Services.
Life Technologies, a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, subscribed to the service while it was still in test and this is what Gary Steadman, Global Director of Credit, has to say about it:
“We have been using the CMT Credit Scorecard for a few years now and we are delighted by the simplicity of the system and the information it produces. Our aim was to maximise sales, manage and minimise risk. The CMT Credit Scorecard fits the bill perfectly. I like the way the system gives you a number of limit recommendations and that are commercially based. We use it for both the UK and Europe.”
Our reports are priced competitively subject to contract and volume.
If you would like to learn more about our scorecard please telephone Steve on +44(0)115 989 9997 or email email@example.com.